Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Return to Batang Rambungan - 14 July 2007









It all started from an sms invitation from Edwin and then plans were made to revisit Batang Rambungan. This place used to be my playground, when I just got started with saltwater fishing.

Came Saturday morning, I went to buy the pre-ordered live prawns and made my way to Edwin’s house. After unloading my stuff to Edwin’s 4x4, Andrew arrived. Once he got his stuff loaded, we made our way to Green Road for kolomee breakfast.

9am, we reached the jetty. And by 9.15am, we made our way to the first lubuk. Here, I caught 2 red coral fish about 150gram each. Edwin caught his 800gram GT here. Andrew was still fishless. When the water stopped moving, we moved to another spot. Here I caught a few breams and a gopeng. Sand flies were making a feast out of us here. So we left for another spot. Over there, we caught some more fish like breams, angcho and gopeng. The fish weren’t big, mostly around 200gram. Just that 2 of the breams were bigger, around 500gram each.

At the last spot, to our surprise, we caught 2 bebolos aka whiting. Over here, the champ was determined. It had to be Edwin. Within 30 minutes, he managed to land 2 numbers of 1kg+ grade A grouper. After that, we decided to call it a day and plan to be back there again soon.

No comments: