Monday, July 16, 2007

Legal or Illegal?







As u all know, over the weekend I went fishing at Batang Rambungan. This is what I saw being done to the mangrove trees that lined the bank of Batang Rambunagan. I would just like to know, is this legal or illegal? If it is legal, then can then I'd like to ask the government authority, why is the land clearing done right by the river bank. Shouldn't there be a buffer zone of some sort? If it is illegal, then which government authority should take action?

2 comments:

Francis Ho said...

Even if it's legal; it's still bad for the environment. As long as there's a demand for cheap piles; these activities will continue until all the mangroove trees are completely gone. *sigh*

mangrooveDan said...

fh2o...

thanx for visiting my blog. u r also the first to give a comment.
yes! even if it is legal, there should be a buffer zone between the logging area and the river. i hope to be able to forward the pictures to the local authority in charge.