Friday, September 19, 2008

The thing that is bugging me NOW!!!

Lately, I've been listening to a certain radio station and an advert by a certain telco never fails to go on air. The thing is that I don't mind if the advert is played many times during an hour but if the advert is somehow "wrong"... then it does bug me.

Basically the advert is the voice of a obnoxious sounding person making a statement on irony. That person goes to say "lightning strikes the earth xxxx time every second... yada yada yada..." and the person continues on to say "... and yet people insist on saying lighting never strikes twice."

From my shallow knowledge and exposure, I always thought that the phrase that people say about "lightning never strikes twice..." does not end there... it should be "lightning never strikes twice, AT THE SAME PLACE!!!"

I happened to google the phrase and found the real answers here...
http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/30/messages/1384.html

Anyway, now that I have rid that off my chest, I feel a lot better.

My advise to the telco... either take that advert off the air or improve on it.

Cheerios!!!

No comments: