Thursday, September 18, 2008

2008 KGS fishing competition

the 5th placing snakehead. definitely more than a kilo and over 1ft in length
proud owner of the fish, abdul rahman jarawi aka kobisbunga
smile la a bit. 5th placing ooo. got RM50 voucher

i was alerted by Abdul Rahman Jarawi aka kobisbunga, last month, of the 2008 KGS fishing competition. i called up my Dad to confirmed if there was a competition and he said "yes!". thus, we decided to enter the competition once again. 2007 KGS fishing competition saw me finished runner-up with a snakehead of about 1.54kg. i was hoping to better that this time around. i asked my Dad to enter our names, Abdul Rahman's name and also Chen's name for the competition.

came competition day and we were at KGS before 7am. Abdul Rahman and chen were even earlier and had to wait for me and my Dad for registration. even as we walked to the registration area, we could see there were even more earlier anglers than us.

without much ado, we proceeded to the pond that contributed my 1.54kg specimen last year. i had release that fish after weighing during last year's competition and hoped to get acquainted with it again.

my Dad was the first to draw first blood with a sizeable snakehead. then it was Abdul Rahman's turn, followed by Chen. i did not have much luck, loosing a few fish due to unsuccessful hook-up.

soon, i decided to move around to the other ponds. it was there that i got my first snakehead for the tournament. it was just a small fella. soon, my Dad and Abdul Rahman joined me at that pond. my Dad's luck seems to be good. he landed a couple more sizeable snakehead. one hour remained before the end of the competition. whispers were abound that a 2kg+ snakehead had been caught. surely that would be the winning fish. 30 minutes before the competition ends, Abdul Rahman caught a big snakehead with a R2S sp frog. it was a big fish, weighing over 1kg mark. final whistled blew. Abdul Rahman's fish weighed in at 1.35kg and he managed to sneaked into the last spot of the prize giving ceremony. (there were 5 prizes all in all)

No comments: